Welcome to Slocan City Suites
Home isn't a place, it's a feeling - Cecelia Ahern
No Suites Currently Available.
Contact us for more information on our suites and details about our waitlist
We encourage eligible prospective future tenants to complete an application so that we have a healthy list of people we may call on when an apartment comes available. Sometimes there is only a short turnover time to decide who will be the next tenant and we may not be able to wait for an application to be received before making our decision. Instructions for completion are included in the application package.
Often people are curious about the criteria for tenancy at the Slocan City Suites. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, have lived in BC for the last 6 months, and be 55 or older for Slocan City Suites. The age requirement does not apply to people with disabilities.
We do place importance on a person’s ties to the Slocan Valley, family and friends. However, that is not the sole criteria. We also consider need, health and other factors. Most importantly a person must be able to live independently in our units. Of course as with other renters anywhere, they can bring in home support or other support workers at their own cost.
LAYOUT AND AMENITIES
Slocan City Suites has 12 units of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments for independent-living people 55 years and older. Built in 2018 there are three fourplexes, each with a semi-private patio area. It’s located in the Village of Slocan, close to all village amenities, and surrounded by the natural beauty of Slocan Lake and Valhalla Provincial Park.
In total, there are two studios with lofts, eight 1-bedroom apartments with lofts, and two 2-bedroom apartments (no lofts). The studios are 542 ft² and the 1-bedroom apartments are 744 ft². They include a large loft over looking the living room, a shower (no bathtub), built-in storage armoires and a curtained storage area in the loft. There is a 1-bedroom apartment with accessibility upgrades. The 2-bedroom apartments are 723 ft² on a ground floor level. They include a shower/tub combo, and a small laundry room.
All apartments feature:
- 24" stove, fridge and freezer
- 27" high efficiency stacking washer and dryer
- Vinyl plank flooring throughout
- Energy efficient design, along with a heating & cooling system (heat pump technology)
- Energy efficient heat pump hot water tank
- Living room window and a patio with privacy screens
- Windows in bedrooms
- Outdoor street parking space (for registered and insured cars).
- Village garbage and water services
- Separate entry
Tenants are responsible for their own hydro, phone, internet, satellite and sidewalk snow removal.
Architectural rendering of the Slocan City Suites
- Close to the Rail Trail and Slocan Beach
- Adjacent to the Slocan Community Library, Fitness and Wellness Centres
- Walking distance to grocery store, post office and village shops
- Near bus route to south valley and Nelson
- Slocan pickleball courts open soon
- Nature walks and wildlife viewing
Photos from a 1-Bedroom Apartment with Loft